1 Peter 4:12-19
There are times where we question God, “Why?”
If you are being criticized in the name of Christ, be happy in it
Iron sharpens, iron.
A good friend can build you.
A friend cares enough to hurt us but also heal us
A friend to help you in going spiritually
A friend to help you grow spiritually
Kinds of trouble
1. Common Trouble – A trouble that we have in the flesh that we have inherited
2. Carnal Trouble – A trouble that is our fault. We reap what we sow.
The Bible declares whatever we sow, we will reap
We should glorify God in our suffering and suffering as a Christian
Have you been closer to the Lord in the midst of all this crisis?
We can fellowship in the midst of the suffering
3. Trouble gives us extraordinary power
We can find peace in God in the middle of the storm.
Stephen was stoned for preaching about Jesus
4. Trouble will help bring others to Christ.
5. Trouble causes us to mature.
1 Peter 5:10
Through trouble God can strengthen you and mature your faith in Him
1 Peter 4:13
Rejoice in your sufferings
The disciples rejoiced that they were suffering in the name of Jesus
What a friend, we have in Jesus.
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.